TotalDibs Toys Trading (“Total Dibs”, “we”, “us”, “our”) respects the privacy of our Customers and Suppliers (“you”, “your”, “yours”, “Customers”, “Suppliers”) with whom we conduct business.
Please read on to learn what information we collect from you and how we use that information. We always adhere to strict protocols in protecting the confidentiality and security of your personal information.
- What information does Total Dibs collect?
- How do we collect and hold information received?
- Why do we collect, hold, use or disclose your information?
- Is my information secure with Total Dibs?
- What choices do I have?
- How can you contact us?
What information does Total Dibs collect?
The kinds of personal information that we collect and hold depend on your dealings with us. Examples of personal information we collect and hold include, but may not be limited to:
- First and last name;
- Shipping and billing address for customers;
- E-mail address;
- Telephone or mobile phone number;
- Payment details for customers; and
- Qualifications and employment history, in the event you are applying for a job or contract with us.
We may also collect other personal information we consider is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions and activities such as personal information that we request from you or that you or a third party provide to us, and which we are authorized or required by law to collect.
We may also collect your shopping behavior and preferences, and maintain a record of the purchases and transactions you make on our website. This will considerably help in corresponding assessments for our loyalty programs and promotions.
Where practical, we will deal with you anonymously. However, unless you provide certain key personal information to us, you will not be able to transact with us.
In the event that we receive unsolicited personal information about you, unless it is reasonably necessary for one or more of our functions or activities, or we are otherwise permitted or required by law to retain it, we will de-identify or destroy it as soon as practical provided it is lawful and reasonable to do so.
How do we collect and hold information received?
We receive and store personal information you knowingly provide us. This information then comes directly from you. This may be through actual personal contact in-store at our Greenhills location, during Total Dibs events, bazaars and conventions where Total Dibs is present, via our website www.totaldibs.com, or in correspondence via telephone, mail, email or facsimile.
We may also collect your personal information from a related entity or from a third party or a publicly available source where it is unreasonable or impractical to collect the information directly from you or if necessary to satisfy our legal obligations.
If you apply for a position or contract with us as an employee or service provider, we may also collect personal information about you from your nominated referees.
We will keep your personal information for as long as it remains necessary for our business purposes or, if longer, as required or permitted by law.
Why do we collect, hold, use or disclose your information?
Any of the personal information we collect from you may be used or disclosed for the following purposes:
- For our legitimate business interests relating to providing services to you upon your request, including:
- to process orders;
- to improve our services;
- for marketing and promotional purposes including direct marketing to you via any medium including email, SMS, telephone or other media (we will always allow you to unsubscribe from such marketing or promotional communications);
- to assess your application for a position or contract with us as an employee or service provider;
- to deal with our suppliers (you may be one of our suppliers, or an employee or contractor of one of our suppliers);
- to generally manage our business operations, such as our finance functions;
- for our system administration and general security purposes;
- where we believe it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
- any other purpose disclosed to you and to which you have consented; and
- any other purpose required or permitted by law.
Is my information secure with Total Dibs?
Total Dibs takes extra measures to protect the security of your personal information. You can access your personal information on our website through your account, which is protected by a password. This password is encrypted. To keep your personal information secure, we recommend that you do not share your password with any individual or entity.
Regarding Third Parties
Total Dibs does not disclose your personal information to third parties so that they can market their products and services to you. The personal information held by Total Dibs is generally kept confidential, however we may disclose personal information to certain third parties such as:
- third party delivery services who assist us in performing our functions and activities (e.g. Grab, Lalamove, Transportify, and other similar services);
- third party cargo companies through which we may send our packages either within Metro Manila, provincially, or globally (e.g. LBC, DHL, Fedex, and other similar companies.);
- the Philippine Postal Corporation (Philpost), a government-owned and controlled corporation responsible for providing postal services in the Philippines;
- a third party acquirer, merger partner or transferee of all or part of our assets or business; and
- third parties to whom we are otherwise required or permitted by law to disclose your personal information.
Total Dibs may sometimes use or disclose your personal information for a purpose other than the primary purpose for which it is collected. This may be where it is required by law or where you would reasonably expect such use, including but not limited to:
- providing information to you about our products or services, unless you have instructed us not to do so; and
- internal research.
We generally process your personal information in the Philippines. If we transfer your personal information outside of the Philippines, except where an exception applies under relevant legislation we will take reasonable steps to ensure that such overseas recipients do not breach privacy principles as designated within the National Data Privacy Act in relation to such information.
Our current service providers are located within the Republic of the Philippines, but at certain times we may carry out services overseas as in the case of international shipments.
What Choices Do I Have?
You can always opt not to disclose information to us. It will always be your choice. Please take note, however, that we require some information for you to engage in some activities and access certain features on our website. We will send you emails or SMS messages related to your transaction (“Transactional Emails and SMS”). You cannot opt out of Transactional Emails and SMS. These may also include private messaging through our social media channels, especially for confirming orders, relaying updates about such orders, and other related processes. We may also send you emails and SMS in conjunction with our products and promotional offers (“Promotional Emails” AND “Promotional SMS”). You may choose to receive Promotional Emails by subscribing at the bottom of the website or when prompted to check to receive such emails. You may choose to opt out of these anytime by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or reaching out to any of our social media channels or through our contact information as provided.
If you believe that we have not dealt with your personal information in a manner that complies with applicable laws or this policy, you may contact us so that we can properly address and resolve your concerns.
We will take any privacy complaint seriously and any complaint will be assessed by an appropriate person with the aim of resolving any issue in a timely and efficient manner. We request that you cooperate with us during this process and provide us with any relevant information that we may need. You may also make a complaint to the relevant regulator or supervisory authority.
How can you contact us?
If you want to reach out (or just want to say hey), feel free to send us a message through any of our social media channels or email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also reach us via our official contact number: 0977 102 0271.
Any complaints, or requests for access to, or to correct or erase, or withdraw your consent or object to our processing of, personal information or any queries concerning privacy matters should in the first instance be sent in formal writing to our email, or through any of our social media channels and provided contact information.